Dhammika Duvande...
post 01/08/2009, 13:58
Post #1

0<10 posts

Group: Member
Member No.: 6462
Callsign: sk114

Hi!!

I have just purchased the maddog from your website downloaded it into my computer. All that went just fine. However, when I start fsx I go in to the aircraft menu and choose the maddog model and then when I press OK FSX just shuts down. I've tried dowing it using the Manager and setup function, and I've re installed fsx and the maddog. The weird thing is that it worked once yeasterday when I had re-installed everything and then it hasn't worked since. I'm very upset since I indeed love the MD-80 and would love to fly it in fsx. I run fsx using vista. I have registration and purchase codes if needed. Please help

Regards Dhammika Duvander of Sweden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hodge
post 01/08/2009, 16:26
Post #2

200<500 posts

Member No.: 26

Dhammika. The first thing to check is in the "Manager and Setup" Under the setup tab/ Registration. To the right of the "Enable Key" Box it should say in brackets "registered".

Next is to go into your root FSX folder and select the FSX.exe icon right click it and select "Run as Administrator".

The "Manager and Setup" also needs to run in admin mode. So look Inside the Root FSX/ MADDOG2008 folder again right click the "maddog_lm" and select "Run as Administrator".

And Welcome to the Forum Regards Hodge.

--------------------

I7 920@3.8ghz 6gb Ram, BFG GTX295 1792mb, Windows 7 64bit
FS9@FSX

+Quote Post
NY-Chief
post 04/08/2009, 0:21
Post #3

10<50 posts

Member No.: 600
Callsign: Coa979

Another quick fix for all vista users: Navigate to FS root folder, right click on fsx folder select properties, click security tab, highlight "users" just plain old users, then tick allow full control and apply. It will take a few minutes to run through all the files and folders, but then things should all work better. Since I learned this trick I use it on all programs, it allows you to noodle with files inside, otherwise you cannot change cfg files.

--------------------
Karl Kleiber
Proud Maddog pilot

+Quote Post
Greg Goodavish
post 14/08/2009, 16:06
Post #4

100<200 posts

Member No.: 22

I installed Maddog 2008 on FSX, SP2. I also have VISTA. I made sure the .exe file was installed as administrator. I also did the above suggestion for making the load mgr run as administrator. However, when I start up FSX, I get this message:

Error
---------------------------
Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library

Version: 2, 7, 0, 6

Company: VIRTUALI s.a.s.

File: bglmanx.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running Flight Simulator. For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:\www.fsinsider.com.
Yes No

If I click Yes, then FSX crashes to desktop. If I click No, then it loads up, but I am not sure if this file is needed for the aircraft to function properly. Anyone else having this problem?

--------------------

Greg Goodavish
SAS, DVA, AAL, USA Maddog pilot

+Quote Post
Paul J
post 14/08/2009, 16:56
Post #5

>500 posts

Member No.: 5615

QUOTE (Greg Goodavish @ 14/08/2009, 16:06) *
Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 2, 7, 0, 6
Company: VIRTUALI s.a.s.
File: bglmanx.dll
Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?
To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running Flight Simulator. For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:\www.fsinsider.com.
Yes No
If I click Yes, then FSX crashes to desktop. If I click No, then it loads up, but I am not sure if this file is needed for the aircraft to function properly. Anyone else having this problem?

By any chance, do you have any of the DreamTeam airports on your system, Greg?

--------------------

Good things are seldom cheap, and cheap things are seldom good...

Water-cooled i7-2600K@5.0gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX780; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8-1T@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5; No blurries.

+Quote Post
Greg Goodavish
post 14/08/2009, 18:10
Post #6

100<200 posts

Member No.: 22

Yes, four of them. And, I cannot get the addon manager to activate them in FSX either. I am trying to reinstall one of their sceneries now, to see if those files were corrupted.

--------------------

Greg Goodavish
SAS, DVA, AAL, USA Maddog pilot

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 01/08/14 - 2:41